The Blackwood Football Club Women’s side travel this weekend to face the Mt Barker Football Club in Round 8 of the Police Credit Union Hills Football League Women’s competition.
In a Sunday blockbuster, the sides will go head-to-head from 1.30pm on the traditional home of the Barkeroos at Howard Lane. Currently sitting third and fourth on the ladder (much like the Men’s side) the teams will be looking to establish themselves a game clear in the third position with both teams tied on 10 points after six matches.
In the three meetings between the sides in the Women’s competition history, the Woods have recorded a victory on one occasion (Round 3 2020) whilst the Barkeroos got the chocolates in the two matches last season (Round 3 and Round 13)
In 2022, both sides average almost the same in attack and defence with the Woods ranking third in both areas and the Barkeroos ranking fourth. The Woods will need to shut down Tayla Hardy, Brianna Burt and Kiahn Bockman who have kicked 22 of 39 goals for the season while Krystal Wilson and Esther Heywood-Smith have featured in the better players on four occasions.
The game details for this weekend courtesy of Lowe’s Meat Co
Sunday 29 May
Blackwood vs Mt Barker
- U13 Girls v Unley @ KX Pilates Blackwood Oval (6.10pm)
- U15 Girls v SMOSH West Lakes @ KX Pilates Blackwood Oval (7.30pm)
- U9 Girls v Goodwood @ KX Pilates Blackwood Oval (8.30am)
- U11 Girls v Colonel Light Gardens @ KX Pilates Blackwood Oval (9.50am)
- U14 Girls v Onkaparinga Valley @ Balhannah Oval (1.30pm)
- U17 Girls v Hahndorf @ German Arms Oval (12.00pm)
- U17.5 Girls v Henley @ KX Pilates Blackwood Oval (3.10pm)